Canola refers to both an edible oil (canola oil) and a type of Brassicaceae plant. The plant is a cultivar of Brassica napus , Brassica rapa or Brassica juncea . They are well known for their seeds , from which the canola cooking oil is made. ... Oilseed rape or canola (Brassica napus L, family: Brassicaceae) is a recently formed allotetraploid, an important crop plant primarily grown for seed oil production. = 38) is an B. napus (AACC, 2 n
Canola History Northern Canola Growers Association
In this region canola (Brassica napus L.) is principally grown in rotation with wheat and pasture species. Some field studies have indicated Indian mustard ( Brassica juncea L.) to be more drought tolerant than canola and therefore considered to be better adapted than canola to short season environments.... Canola plants belong to the Brassicaceae (Cruciferae) family that comprises about 350 genera and 3000 species, including Brassica campestris or rapa Brassica napus , Brassica oleracea (cabbage and cauliflower) and Brassica juncea (mustard).
of Brassica napus canola. This is a drastic change to the situation in the early 1990s This is a drastic change to the situation in the early 1990s when only about 50% of the acreage was planted to B. napus and 50% to B. rapa .... Here, we show that the chimeric gene Brassica napus male sterile 4 (Bnams4 b) is responsible for genic male sterility in the widely used canola line 7365A (Bnams3 ms3ms4 b ms4 b). Bnams4 b originated via exon shuffling ?4.6 million years ago.
Canola oil Wikipedia
This Brassica napus variety, Tower, was the first variety to meet the specific quality requirements used to identify a greatly improved crop known as Canola. Each canola plant produces yellow flowers that, in turn, produce pods, similar in shape to pea pods about 1/5th the size.... annuus) and Canola (Brassica napus) M. Solhi 1* , M.A. Hajabbasi 2 , H. Shareatmadari 1- Soil and Water Department, Isfahan Agricultural Research Center, Isfahan, Iran.
Canola Brassica Napus Pdf Origin
Review of Morphology and Biologic in Canola (Brassica
- Review of Morphology and Biologic in Canola (Brassica
- Canola Meal Grain Export Group
- Brassica napus Germplasm Canola Council
- The Regional Institute History of the rapeseed (Brassica
Canola Brassica Napus Pdf Origin
The majority (> 95%) of the seed produced in Canada, is Brassica napus. Canola meal nutrient composition may be influenced by environmental conditions during the growing of the crop, by harvest conditions, and to a minor extent by cultivar and processing of the seed and meal.
- Canola refers to both an edible oil (canola oil) and a type of Brassicaceae plant. The plant is a cultivar of Brassica napus , Brassica rapa or Brassica juncea . They are well known for their seeds , from which the canola cooking oil is made. 
- Rapeseed (Brassica napus, or Brassica rapa) can be divided into two types: Canola, and Industrial rapeseed. The two types are distinguished based on their individual chemical or fatty acid profiles, which is the fat molecule. Canola is the new name for the edible oil-crop that is characterized by low erucic acid (long chain fat found in plants of the mustard family) or L.E.A.R, with less than
- Abstract. Linkage disequilibrium was investigated in canola quality winter rapeseed to analyze (1) the prospects for whole-genome association analyses and (2) the impact of the recent breeding history of rapeseed on linkage disequilibrium.
- Here, we show that the chimeric gene Brassica napus male sterile 4 (Bnams4 b) is responsible for genic male sterility in the widely used canola line 7365A (Bnams3 ms3ms4 b ms4 b). Bnams4 b originated via exon shuffling ?4.6 million years ago.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Kowen ACT, Coree ACT, Goomburra ACT, Flynn ACT, Civic ACT, ACT Australia 2619
- New South Wales: Currabubula NSW, Belmont North NSW, Budderoo NSW, Wimbledon NSW, Cranebrook NSW, NSW Australia 2055
- Northern Territory: Marrara NT, Araluen NT, Tiwi NT, Gillen NT, Gunbalanya NT, Hermannsburg NT, NT Australia 0827
- Queensland: Flinders Ranges QLD, Blacktown QLD, Tannymorel QLD, Moonie QLD, QLD Australia 4016
- South Australia: Mount Crawford SA, Cowleds Landing SA, Parham SA, Kalbeeba SA, Normanville SA, Mawson Lakes SA, SA Australia 5049
- Tasmania: Gardners Bay TAS, Eaglehawk Neck TAS, St Helens TAS, TAS Australia 7062
- Victoria: Shelford VIC, Dargo VIC, Wandana Heights VIC, Monegeetta VIC, Breamlea VIC, VIC Australia 3003
- Western Australia: Billiluna (Mindibungu) WA, Lexia WA, East Bunbury WA, WA Australia 6093
- British Columbia: Terrace BC, Campbell River BC, North Vancouver BC, Chilliwack BC, Port Alice BC, BC Canada, V8W 5W8
- Yukon: Little Gold YT, Brewer Creek YT, Frances Lake YT, Carcross Cutoff YT, Frances Lake YT, YT Canada, Y1A 1C8
- Alberta: Crossfield AB, Hines Creek AB, Bon Accord AB, Cowley AB, Viking AB, Cold Lake AB, AB Canada, T5K 1J4
- Northwest Territories: Lutselk'e NT, Norman Wells NT, Fort Smith NT, Kakisa NT, NT Canada, X1A 9L6
- Saskatchewan: Zenon Park SK, Preeceville SK, Pilot Butte SK, Windthorst SK, St. Walburg SK, Golden Prairie SK, SK Canada, S4P 6C2
- Manitoba: Dauphin MB, Winnipegosis MB, Rossburn MB, MB Canada, R3B 6P5
- Quebec: Malartic QC, Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce QC, Donnacona QC, Sainte-Catherine QC, Brome QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W8
- New Brunswick: Kedgwick NB, Alma NB, Drummond NB, NB Canada, E3B 3H1
- Nova Scotia: Kings NS, West Hants NS, Pictou NS, NS Canada, B3J 5S1
- Prince Edward Island: Morell PE, Bedeque and Area PE, Lower Montague PE, PE Canada, C1A 8N6
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Come By Chance NL, Woody Point NL, Portugal Cove-St. Philip's NL, Port Kirwan NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J8
- Ontario: Lakeside, Oxford County, Ontario ON, Farnham ON, North Algona Wilberforce ON, McIntosh, Kenora District, Lakehurst ON, Perth Road Village ON, Westport ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L8
- Nunavut: Coral Harbour NU, Cape Dorset NU, NU Canada, X0A 8H9
- England: Halesowen ENG, Northampton ENG, Dewsbury ENG, Eastbourne ENG, Filton ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 4A4
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H9
- Scotland: Hamilton SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Livingston SCO, Paisley SCO, Paisley SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 4B3
- Wales: Newport WAL, Swansea WAL, Swansea WAL, Wrexham WAL, Wrexham WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 8D8